Easy & Delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Coconut Cookies
The delicious smell of warm cookies baking in the oven? Sign me up!
Something came over me last weekend and I decided to try making some cookies. I truly can’t tell you the last time I have baked ... have I ever even really done that? Blame it on the changing seasons, blame it on living in a new apartment, but I think baking is something I could get into...
I tried out this recipe in a few variations and think I have gotten the oatmeal cookie proportions just right; not too sweet but not too healthy. These ingredients were so simple and the cookies were so easy to make.
If you have been looking for a quick treat to make + some cozy smells for fall, this is the recipe for you! I hope you enjoy, would love to hear your variations of this recipe.
- 1 1/3 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2/3 Cup Maple Syrup (1 cup for sweeter cookies)
- 1/2 Stick of Butter (melted; option to substitute for 1/4 cup coconut oil)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 1 Sprinkle Salt
Feel free to get creative with the toppings you add into your cookies! I chose chocolate chips and coconut flakes, but there are so many other delicious alternatives. Some other great toppings would be: walnuts, raisins, pecans, cinnamon, toffee, caramel, M&M's, the list could go on forever!
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine wet ingredients (melted butter, eggs, and maple syrup) in medium sized bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl (oats, flour, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, salt).
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Mix together thoroughly.
- Use hands to form into desired size cookie balls. Place on cookie sheet covered in either tin foil or parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring.
- Enjoy with friends & family!!
I hope you enjoyed this quick recipe. More posts coming soon on It's Mich!
Until then, have a great week everybody.