To create and publish lifestyle content that speaks transparently about life from a post-grad perspective.
I want to build a community that reassures you that you're not alone in your struggles and also encourages you to never settle for less than your full potential.
Hello reader! It’s me, Mich. More formally, my name is Michaela Reardon. I am a Minneapolis based 22-year-old with a passion for transparent storytelling that connects and helps people.
I know you and I just met, but I have a confession to get out of the way before I tell you more about myself: I have no idea what I’m doing.
I guess that’s life. So hey, here are some things I do know:
- I am determined to create a life well beyond mediocrity
- I am shamelessly open about the positive and negative seasons of my life, and I think you should be too
- I would not last a day without coffee, nor would I want to
- My doggo is my stars, sun & moon
- Post-grad life is fantastically terrifying and confusing (but that’s half the fun, right?)
I started It’s Mich in June of 2019, the summer before my senior year of college. Graduation was right around the corner and truthfully I had never felt so lost.
I knew I wasn’t the only 20-something-year-old out there feeling this way so I wanted to create a blog that addressed the common struggles many of us face but seldom talk about.
While I arguably feel just as lost, some things have changed since last summer. In the past year I have:
- graduated college with a degree in biochemistry
- bought a Bernese Mountain Dog pup named Remi
- started a full-time post-graduate position
- & signed my first apartment lease with my boyfriend, Austin.
I’m diving headfirst into post-grad life. Obstacles are promised and success is not guaranteed. If you are feeling just as lost as I am, then you are in the right place...
Like what you're reading?
Let’s chat honestly about the bad times, help one another out with actionable tips to get through it, and lift each other up in celebrating when the good times come along.
Things are about to get real and I want you to join me. Enter your name and email in the subscription box below to sign up for my monthly newsletter.
Talk to you all soon.